Date:      Mon, 8 Nov 2004 15:08:09 -0700
From:      "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make world DESTDIR=/foo does not work under 5.3-RELEASE on i386 or amd64

On Nov 8, 2004, at 10:11 AM, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

> On 2004-11-08 09:59, "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>
> wrote:
>> make world DESTDIR=/foo
>> or
>> make buildworld DESTDIR=/foo
>>
>> does not work on either my i386 or amd64 systems after a cvsup to
>> 5.3-RELEASE and native build.  If you leave off the DESTDIR and build
>> for the running machine, it works fine.  And the DESTDIR worked fine
>> under beta7 (and possibly under RC1)
>
> I haven't tried "make world" in a long time, but I recently installed a
> clean snapshot of CURRENT using a slightly different approach:
>
> 	# cd /usr/src
> 	# make buildworld buildkernel
> 	# make DESTDIR=/mnt installkernel installworld

Unfortunately, I still get an error.  A different one.  I can do it
without DESTDIR= and update my actual system, but to make a jail, which
requires DESTDIR, I get this error (when splitting up buildworld and
installworld DESTDIR=)

hostname# make buildworld
.
. stuff
.
hostname# make installworld DESTDIR=/local/jails/master

.
. stuff
.
.
cd /usr/src/include/../sys;  install -C -o root -g wheel -m 444
ufs/ffs/*.h  /local/jails/master/usr/include/ufs/ffs
cd /usr/src/include/../sys;  install -C -o root -g wheel -m 444
ufs/ufs/*.h  /local/jails/master/usr/include/ufs/ufs
cd /usr/src/include/../sys;  install -C -o root -g wheel -m 444
netgraph/bluetooth/include/*.h
/local/jails/master/usr/include/netgraph/bluetooth/include
install:
/local/jails/master/usr/include/netgraph/bluetooth/include/
ng_bluetooth.h: No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

Stop in /usr/src/include.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.