Date:      Tue, 15 Nov 2005 23:40:47 +0100
From:      martinko <martinkov@pobox.sk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   moused flags behaviour in 6.0 -- regression?

hello,

until freebsd 6.0 (that is to say in 5.3 and 5.4) i used
moused_flags="-3" in rc.conf and both my mice worked correctly (or as
desired) -- synaptics touchpad missing 3rd button was emulated while the
wheel on my USB mouse worked as expected.
now, in 6.0, with the same setting, touchpad 3rd button is emulated but
USB mouse's wheel doesn't work. if i don't use the flag, USB mouse's
wheel work but obviously there is no 3rd button on my touchpad. :-(
also, iirc back on 5.x even on wheel mouse the 3rd button could be
emulated by pressing buttons 1 and 2, which is not possible now with
wheel being on.

now, i know about moused_ums0_flags="", i'm just wondering why has this
changed (to worse from my point of view).
also, at first i tried moused_psm0_flags="-3" but that didn't work as
touchpad is apparently initialised without specifying psm0 device.

i hope i made myself clear (enough).

regards,

martin