Date:      Tue, 5 Jan 1999 17:37:30 -0000
From:      Caroline Beauchamps <caroline.beauchamps@bt-sys.bt.co.uk>
To:        "'freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   WaveLAN PCMCIA card

Hello,

I am trying to use WaveLAN PCMCIA cards from Lucent Technologies
( commcode 407313352 ) with 2.2.6.

According to the manufacturer, my PCMCIA card should work at 2.4 GHz.

In the PAO file, I added these lines:

options "WAVELAN_PCMCIA_24"
device wlp0 at isa? port 0x300 net irq 11 vector wlpintr

I recompiled the kernel.

PCCARD is enabled.
In pccard.conf, I also inserted these lines:

card "Lucent Technologies" "WaveLAN/PCMCIA"
config default "wlp0" any 0x01
ether wavelan
insert echo Lucent WaveLAN PCMCIA inserted
insert /etc/pccard_ether $device
remove echo Lucent WaveLAN PCMCIA removed
remove /etc/pccard_ether $device

However, when rebooting, the wlp0 card is found,  but it says it's
working at 915 MHz !

Do you know what's wrong ?

I am using the drivers provided with 2.2.6 ( if_wlp.c ). Should I use
some other drivers ?

Also how can I change the NWID of my PCMCIA card ?
Do I have to use Windows to configure that ?

Thanks in advance