Date:      Wed, 10 Aug 2005 17:49:57 -0600
From:      "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>
To:        FreeBSD - Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mDNS inside of a jail or not

On Aug 10, 2005, at 3:48 PM, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

> On an i386 machine with 5.4-R p1 and p6
>
> I want to run some mDNS services inside a jail.  I am using testing
> programs from Apple from <http://developer.apple.com/darwin/
> projects/bonjour/>

ok, I noticed that there is a port of this so I installed the port
inside and outside of the jail

> Inside the jail the various apps that build when you build the
> Apple project run but they don't seem to talk to each other.
>
> I run them outside of the jail and they die with "unknown
> error" (actually with code -65537 but that is unknown_error
> according to the source).

inside the jail the client  app seems to broadcast but it does not
seem to get an answer.  Inside the jail responder seems to do its
thing.  The net monitor does not do anything

outside the jail the apps seem to run ok and the netmonitor seems to
be ok

> Has anyone gotten any mDNS type services running on FreeBSD inside
> or outside of a jail?

question still holds for inside a jail

Chad