Date:      Sun, 2 May 1999 12:11:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
To:        hhereid@online.no (Harald Hereid)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD download

According to Harald Hereid:
> Hi!
> After spending some hours reading about FreeBSD at the http://www.freebsd.org/applications.html site, could someone please tell me where in that or toher site I find the file to download for the actual installation of FreeBSD?

	Try http://www.freebsd.org/ports/
	and spend some time traversing the tree on this root page.

	You'll be able to download a port tarball which will then
	fetch and automagically build the individual application.

	There is no one ``installation'' tarball that will install
	FreeBSD itself, plug-and-play.  The best way to put FreeBSD
	onto your system is to buy the 4-CD set from Walnut Creek CD.

	This version of Unix, like every other, requires patience
	and perseverance, but this (BSD) family is the best I've
	discovered.  Well worth the few days it takes to get familiar
	with.

	gary kline