Date:      Fri, 30 Dec 2011 18:46:53 +0200
From:      Kostik Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        kan@freebsd.org, Dag-Erling Sm??rgrav <des@des.no>, Xin LI <delphij@gmail.com>, arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fdlopen(3)

--JIZzZL2Ew2M9i6mq

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 04:00:39PM +0000, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <20111230142640.GO50300@deviant.kiev.zoral.com.ua>, Kostik Bel=
ousov=20
> writes:
>=20
> >Presented use case for fdlopen(3) is valid and useful IMO.
>=20
> I agree, I even have a similar use-case in Varnish.
>=20
> Has anybody racked their brains to make sure this doesn't have security
> implications ?

I am wondering what kind of security consequences you have in mind ?

My initial concern with the patch was the lack of the name supplied for
the loaded dso. But, the rtld already adds DT_SONAME to the names of the
object, and later it checks for duplicates using vnode identity returned
by fstat(2), so I removed the name argument from API.

--JIZzZL2Ew2M9i6mq

--JIZzZL2Ew2M9i6mq--