Date:      Fri, 7 May 2010 10:41:59 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   it was "pfctl -d"

	well, beforestarting over from scratch with the FBSD dvd, i
	tried the pc-bsd website and forum.  the voodoo string, as
	root, is "pfctl -d" [i assume that  the `-d' == disable.  by
	default the pf firewall was on.  my fault for not having
	checked /etc/rc.conf here on "zen" {thinkpad} more carefully.

	i probably Will install our iso in a day or two. now that i
	can scp my environment, i want to see what this distro can
	do.

--
 Gary Kline  kline@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix
    The 7.83a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php