Date:      Fri, 28 Apr 2017 18:51:55 +0200
From:      Bernard Higonnet <bthcom@higonnet.net>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   AddScreen/ScreenInit failed for driver 0

My troubles seem to have begun with the partition holding / was full.
Though I made space by deleting a bunch of files I still could not start X.=

So I deleted all the xorg packages and X11 directories then re-installed
them but still have difficulties.

after running Xorg -configure, when I run X -config /root/xorg.conf.new
as root I get

AddScreen/ScreenInit failed for driver 0

This id preceded by VESA(0): VBESetVBEMode failed.

When I try to start X as a user, I get a segmentation fault.

Any help will be gratefully accepted.

Bernard Higonnet

---
=A9rifi=C3=A9e par le logiciel antivirus Avast.