Date:      Thu, 8 Aug 2013 13:44:01 +0200
From:      Krister Olofsson <krister.olofsson@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   System freezes when using scp

Hi,

I'm working with a board with FreeBSD 8.2 on Marvell MV78100 (Discovery
SOC) - an ARMv5TE and Marvell Gigabit Ethernet controller.
My problem is that when I copy files (size ca 50 Mb) with scp using
ethernet, the system
seems to freeze for a few seconds before the copy process starts.
The board has an external watchdog that has to be kicked but the script
doing this freezes and the system is rebooted by the watchdog.

Any ideas how to tackle this?

Regards,
Krister

Configuration:

#
# Custom kernel for PROJ, based on Marvell's DB-78xx
#

ident DEV
include "../mv/discovery/std.db78xxx"

options SOC_MV_DISCOVERY
makeoptions MODULES_OVERRIDE=""

#makeoptions DEBUG=-g #Build kernel with gdb(1) debug symbols
makeoptions WERROR="-Werror"

options SCHED_ULE #4BSD scheduler
options INET #InterNETworking
options INET6 #IPv6 communications protocols
options FFS #Berkeley Fast Filesystem
options NFSCLIENT #Network Filesystem Client
options NFSLOCKD #Network Lock Manager
options NFS_ROOT #NFS usable as /, requires NFSCLIENT
#options BOOTP
#options BOOTP_NFSROOT
#options BOOTP_NFSV3
#options BOOTP_WIRED_TO=mge0

options GEOM_PART_BSD

options SYSVSHM #SYSV-style shared memory
options SYSVMSG #SYSV-style message queues
options SYSVSEM #SYSV-style semaphores
options _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING #Posix P1003_1B real-time extensions
options MUTEX_NOINLINE
options RWLOCK_NOINLINE
options NO_FFS_SNAPSHOT
options NO_SWAPPING

# Uncomment the next 3 lines and comment the 4th, to enable ramdisk rootfs
#options MD_ROOT
#options MD_ROOT_SIZE=29696
#options ROOTDEVNAME=\"ufs:md0\"
options ROOTDEVNAME=\"ufs:/dev/ad0s1\"

# Debugging
#options ALT_BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER
#options DDB
#options DIAGNOSTIC
#options INVARIANTS #Enable calls of extra sanity checking
#options INVARIANT_SUPPORT #Extra sanity checks of internal structures,
required by INVARIANTS
#options KDB
#options WITNESS #Enable checks to detect deadlocks and cycles
#options WITNESS_SKIPSPIN #Don't run witness on spinlocks for speed
#options WITNESS_KDB

options HZ=2000

device pci

# Pseudo devices
device loop
device md
device pty
device random

# Serial ports
device uart

# Networking
device ether
device mge # Marvell Gigabit Ethernet controller
device mii
device e1000phy
device bpf

# USB