Date:      Sun, 28 Mar 1999 14:59:50 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
Cc:        dfr@nlsystems.com, rivers@dignus.com, dcs@newsguy.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: another ufs panic..

> Sigh :-(  It was all working so lovely too...which did you get a new one
> for, narrow or wide controller ?

I got an old narrow controller out of a box and used that, I think it
was an Adaptec 1542CF - old narrow SCSI controllers are no problem to
find in my various junk boxes. :-)

If I hadn't had one available, I'd have gone out and gotten the
cheapest NCR or AdvanSys controller I could find and used that, I
guess.  Since it's typically just for your CDROM or an external device
(depending on which of the 3 connections you want to "offload" from
your primary controller), you don't even need a BIOS on the card
and that tends to make 'em pretty cheap.

- Jordan