Date:      Fri, 07 Jul 2000 01:45:54 -0500
From:      Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.osd.bsdi.com>, Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: No port of Opera? (Was: ((FreeBSD : Linux) :: (OS/2 : Windows)))

Aaahhh Brett,

On a recent visit to the Opera web site, under the Linux release link, they
specifically mention doing a FreeBSD release, but, they are having build
problems.

"We've attempted to start releasing a FreeBSD version as of this release,
however, we're experiencing complications with the compile environment as
well. GCC is working wonderfully, however the ld is generating some
interesting errors related to templates which aren't quite understandable.
We'll hopefully have a functional version at the next release. For now, we
understand that Opera for Linux works well under Linux emulation on the BSD
platforms."

The above is copied from said page.  I fail to find any reference to never
in the above.

Regards,
Frank