Date:      Mon, 13 Sep 2004 23:39:33 +0200
From:      Matthias Andree <ma@dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   sym(4): Linux sym53c8xx_2 license change to GPL-only

Greetings,

Who maintains FreeBSD's sym(4) driver?

Is code (bugfixes perhaps) from Linux's sym53c8xx_2 driver still
imported into FreeBSD? If so, this will be more difficult in the future:

Linux' sym53c8xx driver version 2.1.18k has switched from dual BSD/GPL
license to GPL-only by Matthew Wilcox, the maintainer of the Linux
driver,

Matthew Wilcox writes:

| 2.1.18k:
|  - Relicence from dual BSD/GPL to pure GPL
|  - Add my copyright to various files
|  - Remove unnecessary MDELAY calls after printfs
|  - Rename remaining MDELAY() to mdelay(), delete MDELAY and sym_mdelay
|    macros
|  - Restructure PCI initialisation to not disable chips that are part
|    of Mylex RAID cards.
|  - Make SYM_OPT_NVRAM_PRE_READ non-optional.

and adds an update patch.

See http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-scsi&m=109510497502016

--
Matthias Andree

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)