Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2001 15:10:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        wfroning@angui.sh (Will Froning)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Other ways to support FBSD

> NOTE: please cc me as I'm not on the list.
>
> I have some cash from work that I'm supposed to use for training materials
> and such.  I always seem to be under my limit even when I buy everything I
> can think of that is allowed.  I always buy FBSD books even if I don't
> plan on reading them just to support the community.
>
> Are there any other publications (magazines, books, FBSD training
> material, etc) that I am over looking?
>
> These are the ones I have bought in the past:
> The Complete FreeBSD by Greg L.
> FreeBSD Corporate Networker's Guide by Ted M.
> The FreeBSD Handbook edited by Murray S and Nik C.
>
> My limitations are I cannot buy software unless it is specifically for
> training and I cannot just donate money (sorry).
>
> Any suggestions would be welcome.

Try  FreeBSD  An OPen-Source Operating Systemfor your PC (Second Edition)
     By Annelise Anderson

and  FreeBSd Unleashed  By Michael Urban and Brian Tiemann

and  The Design and Implementation of the 4.4 BSD Operating System
     By Marshall Kirk McKusick and others

All are generally available from vendors selling FreeBSD stuff
as well as from regular commercial outlets such as Amazon and B&N.

THere are several others.  Check out some web pages such as
  the BSD Mall  http://www.bsdmall.com/

////jerry    Jerry McAllister    jerrymc@msu.edu