Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2002 07:47:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jorge Ramirez <ijand2@yahoo.com>
To:        newbies@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Popper - "canonical name of client", "ERR password supplied"

I just finished setting up a dns server, with sendmail and popper.  The
mail has no problem being sent to and from the mail server, but when i
try to access any of the mail accounts using a pop3 client on another
computer on the network, it gives me the following errors...

ns1 popper[1459]: (v2.53) Unable to get canonical name of client
192.168.1.32
ns1 popper[1459]: user@[192.168.1.32]: -ERR password supplied for
"user" is incorrect.

I have a feeling that the canonical name error has something to do with
the dns server.  But why does it keep giving me a bad password error,
when the password is correct?