Date:      Tue, 21 Dec 2010 16:39:22 +0100
From:      Ruben van Staveren <ruben@verweg.com>
To:        Martin Matuska <mm@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: New ZFSv28 patchset for 8-STABLE

Ok,

On 16 Dec 2010, at 13:44, Martin Matuska wrote:

> Please test, test, test. Chances are this is the last patchset before
> v28 going to HEAD (finally) and after a reasonable testing period into
> 8-STABLE.
> Especially test new changes, like boot support and sendfile(2) =
support.
> Also be sure to verify if you can import for existing ZFS pools
> (v13-v15) when running v28 or boot from your existing pools.
>=20
> Please test the (v13-v15) compatibility layer as well:
> Old usereland + new kernel / old kernel + new userland

Using v28 kernel+userland seems to work on FreeBSD/amd64, I didn't dare =
to mix userland/kernel as that is ill advised by itself when there are =
major changes, like this one.

I can't seem to use zfs allow/userspace/groupspace. old py-zfs just =
dumped core on those commands, recompiling gave my warnings about a =
missing solaris.misc module which persisted even after a upgrade to =
py26-zfs-1_1.

Thanks for keeping up the good work on ZFS in FreeBSD!

Best Regards,
	Ruben=