Date:      Tue, 12 Nov 2002 11:11:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dan Ellard <ellard@eecs.harvard.edu>
To:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG, <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   how to control tagged queueing?

I'm experimenting with the effects of SCSI tagged queueing on file
system performance.  Is there any kind of global toggle somewhere in
the kernel to turn tagged queueing on and off, and/or knob to limit
the number of outstanding tags?  Tagged queue management all seems to
be done at the device level, and I haven't found hooks for controlling
it at a higher level (but I thought I'd ask before running off to
write something).

I'm running 4.6.2p4, in case things have changed.  (If there's a nicer
interface in 4.7, I'll install it immediately!)

Thanks,
	-Dan