Date:      Wed, 22 Sep 1999 01:31:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   natd, ftp, two ethernet cards

Can someone, whose setup resembles what's listed in the subject, please,
send his/her firewall rules and the /etc/natd.conf?

Searching through the mailing lists, brings up only cries for help (like
this one), or confident responses like:  "yeah, of course, just read the
natd(8)". Well, natd is NOT easy to understand, unfortunately. I need to
let the machines  on my home LAN  ftp out (to install  FreeBSD over ftp,
for example). Being able to access my ISP's (MediaOne) news-server would
be nice too.

Thanks a lot!

	-mi

P.S.  My favorite part of natd(8) is this:

-redirect_port proto targetIP:targetPORT[-targetPORT] [aliasIP:]alias-
	PORT[-aliasPORT] [remoteIP[:remotePORT[-remotePORT]]] Redirect
	incoming connections arriving to given port(s) to another host
	and  port(s). Proto  is either  tcp  or udp,  targetIP is  the
	desired  target IP  number, targetPORT  is the  desired target
	PORT number or  range, aliasPORT is the  requested PORT number
	or  range,  and  aliasIP  is the  aliasing  address.  RemoteIP
	and  remotePORT can  be used  to specify  the connection  more
	accurately if  necessary. The  targetPORT range  and aliasPORT
	range need not be the same numerically, but must have the same
	size. If remotePORT is not specified,  it is assumed to be all
	ports. If remotePORT  is specified, it must match  the size of
	targetPORT, or be 0 (all ports). For example, the argument

How  can  one  tell  the  difference  between  "the  desired"  and  "the
requested"?!