Date:      Wed, 15 May 2002 14:18:20 -0500
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@online.fr>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: internal hosts in email

Terry Lambert wrote:
> So the MASQUERADE_AS() and MASQUERADE_DOMAIN() from pages 280 and
> 281 of the O'Reilly Sendmail book didn't work for you, and after
> reading /usr/src/contrib/sendmail/cf/README, you've determined that
> the FEATURE(`allmasquerade') and FEATURE(`masquerade_entire_domain')
> and FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope') won't do the job?
>
> ...Or is it just that you aren't reading the documentation?
>
> 8^p.

See, this is why I love the freebsd community.  Brutal honesty, yet helpful at
the same time.  The problem with documentation, is that it sucks ass.  If you
know what you are looking for, it's easy as pie to find what you need, but then,
if you know what you are looking for, then hell, who needs the docs but for a
few command line switches, etc.  This is why sites like the freebsd diary are so
helpful - real comments, usage, and solutions to everyday problems.

Terry, I'll fig up my Sendmail book and see what page 280/281 have on it.
Again, you only would know the page if you knew the feature, if you knew what to
look for.  Thanks for the bridge for my gap.

Eric