Date:      Wed, 22 Jul 1998 20:18:02 -0400
From:      Daniel Lee Greer <greer@jabba.greerhome.louisville.ky.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Trouble compiling a kernel

Hello everyoe, I am having a very odd problem getting my kernel to
compile, I have added the following lines for support of my Soundblaster
16 card:

device sb0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 10 drq 1 vector sbintr
device sbxvi0 at isa? drq 5
device sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x330
device opl0 at isa? port 0x338
options "SBC_IRQ=10"

I copy the GENERIC to KERNELSB
add the lines
issue the config KERNELSB
it goes for a few minutes and then errors out with the following errors:

ioconf.o: Undefined symbol `_sbdriver' referenced from data segment
ioconf.o: Undefined symbol `_sbintr' referenced from data segment
ioconf.o: Undefined symbol `_sbxvidriver' referenced from data segment
ioconf.o: Undefined symbol `_sbmididriver' referenced from data segment
ioconf.o: Undefined symbol `_opldriver' referenced from data segment
***Error code 1

stop

I am really stumped as this is the first time I have tried to add
anything to the kernel.  Any assistance someone could render would be
greatly appreciated.

Daniel Greer
greer@jabba.greerhome.louisville.ky.us