Date:      Sun, 05 Oct 2008 08:10:59 -0700
From:      Gavin Spomer <spomerg@cwu.EDU>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HP DL servers

We also have DL380's and I can't remember what generation my FreeBSD test =
server is, but it too has the Broadcoms in it which work fine with FreeBSD =
7.0. Ours is recognized as bce however.

Gavin Spomer
Systems Programmer
Brooks Library
Central Washington University

>>> "H.fazaeli" <fazaeli@sepehrs.com> 10/05/08 3:24 AM >>>

HP servers usually have NICs with broadcom or intel chipsets which are=20
recognized
as bge and em under freebsd and work great.

We have the following configurations and they work fine:

- freebsd 6.3 on dl320G5 with on-board broadcom network chipset and =
SATA=20
HDDs. We had
  problems with hardware RAID and used geom to impl. RAID functionality.

- freebsd 6.3 on dl380G5 with SAS HDDs. Hardware RAID controller is=20
recognized by 6.3
  and works.

Ludovit Koren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to buy HP servers DL 320 G5p or DL 360 G5p. I googled but
> did not find clear answer if the NICs and disk controllers are
> supported in FreeBSD 7.x. I read about some problems with NIC in DL
> 360 but it was not actual and I am not sure about disk controller
> in DL 320.
>
> Any personal recommendations and experience with the servers are
> welcomed.=20
>
> Thank you very much in advance.
>
> Regards,
>
> lk