Date:      Wed, 31 Jan 2001 11:14:07 +1300
From:      "Juha Saarinen" <juha@saarinen.org>
To:        "Gerald T. Freymann" <gerry@eagle.ca>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Upgrading just bind

%->  Yuck. Kinda makes me curious as to what advantage the "ports"
%-> provide at
%-> times.
%->
%->  You know?
%->
%->  Scenario 1: go into the bind91 port, make, make install. done.
%->  versus
%->  Scenario 2: updating the source tree, checking /etc/make.conf, delete
%-> /usr/obj, make buildworld, make buildkernel, go to single user
%-> mode, make
%-> installworld, mergemaster, makedev all, updating sysinstall, reboot.
%->
%->  Not to mention you're taken from your current version of FreeBSD into a
%-> new, and possibly somewhat unstable version.
%->
%->  Guess I have some work ahead of me! ;-)

Wait... I had a reply from Joe Guetler, which mentioned a thread on
freebsd-security. Says to do:

	make PREFIX=/usr DESTETC=/etc install

in /usr/ports/net/bind9.

Tried that... nope, didn't work. Sigh.