Date:      Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:13:02 -0400
From:      Aaron Peterson <aaron@alpete.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compaq DL380 Woes Continue

--=-aJkdU9kx+CFUTGYAGPLD

Everything worked great until I recompiled the kernel.  I used the
GENERIC config file edited in two ways:

I removed all the "cpu" lines at the top except for "cpu I686_CPU" since
this machine has dual p3 733s.  Secondly, I uncommented "options SMP"
and "options APIC_IO" to enable SMP per the comment above the options.

When I reboot, early in the kernel boot I get:

Changing APIC ID for IO APIC #0 from 0 to 8 on chip
Programming 35 pins in IOAPIC #0
IOAPIC #0 intpin 2 -> irq 0

Then it hangs indefinitely.  Any ideas?  I can reboot, and hit any key
to give loader options, "unload", "load /kernel.old", "boot" and it
boots fine from the old single proc kernel still.  I really want to make
use of the extra processor though, it would seem a waste not to.

Aaron

--=-aJkdU9kx+CFUTGYAGPLD

--=-aJkdU9kx+CFUTGYAGPLD--