Date:      Tue, 27 Nov 2007 12:18:06 -0800
From:      "Mark D. Foster" <mark@foster.cc>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?4KSF4KSo4KWB4KSc?= <anujhere@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dansguardian at boot time. +gateway server

अनुज wrote:
> Hello
> I installed dansguardian , gave it's entry in my /etc/rc.conf
> squid_enable="YES"
> dansguardian_enable="YES"
>
> I am getting error at the boot time dansguardian couldn't connected to
> parent proxy.  Whereas squid starts without error.
> I am running squid over port 3121 and dansguardian on port 8080.
>
> After logging in and giving command "dansguardian" it starts without any error.

Had a similar problem  with dansguardian & tinyproxy, they start in the
wrong order.
So...
rename /usr/local/etc/rc.d/squid.sh to 01_squid.sh
rename /usr/local/etc/rc.d/dansguardian.sh to 02_dansguardian.sh
You might need to add "sleep 5" into 02_dansguardian.sh to give squid.sh
time to finish starting up.

--
Said one park ranger, 'There is considerable overlap between the
 intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists.'