Date:      Sat, 3 Mar 2018 10:40:12 -0800
From:      Bryan Drewery <bryan-lists@shatow.net>
To:        Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>, FreeBSD Toolchain <freebsd-toolchain@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: missing extra information in metamode build

On 3/3/2018 10:01 AM, Eitan Adler wrote:
> [2362 17:59:51.865 eax@develop /srv/src/fbsd/head]∴make toolchian
> ERROR: 'toolchian' is not a valid target for amd64.
>
> You can see the targets which are valid for a given machine
> by running 'env MACHINE=<machine> make show-valid-targets'
> For other information, read:
>
> [2363 17:59:55.959 eax@develop /srv/src/fbsd/head]∴
>
> It looks like there should be an extra sentence or link there but I'm
> not sure what?

This is expected. It is DIRDEPS_BUILD, not META_MODE. Very different
things. DIRDEPS_BUILD replaces the entire build. None of the normal
targets exist, run 'make show-valid-targets' as it says. Really I
suggest not using this mode, it is not really stable and has no
installworld-like mechanism.

--
Regards,
Bryan Drewery