Date:      Sat, 15 Jul 2000 08:33:56 +0200
From:      "Antony Russell" <tony@oct.co.za>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   natd and VPN client

Hi

I am trying to get the IntraPort VPN Client (from Compatible Systems
Corporation) software working thru FreeBSD 3.5-STABLE using natd.

Using the -v option to natd I have discovered that the connection is setup
correctly using UDP. Thereafter the VPN client tries to communicate with the
VPN software with protocol 50 which is defined as ESP (Encapsulating
Security Payload) in the protocols file. Unfortunately natd does not perform
any translation on ESP packets and the VPN connection then fails.

Can anyone out there tell me why natd behaves like this and if it would be
possible to change this behaviour. Alternatively, is there another natd like
application that I could use instead.

Thanks

Tony Russell