Date:      Sun, 9 Apr 2006 17:56:51 -0400
From:      "Zaphod Beeblebrox" <zbeeble@gmail.com>
To:        "Mike Tancsa" <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, shih@math.jussieu.fr
Subject:   Re: Disappointed-new

If you have a dual-em card in this server, you should get better performanc=
putting your primary load out the em interface(s).  In general, we've
benched the em (and to a lesser extent, the fxp) interfaces as performing
much better than other ethernets (especially bge).  I have a bge on my
laptop --- and for the most part I don't have problems --- but I wouldn't
put bge's in my servers and if they come with them on the motherboard, I
don't use them.