Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2002 15:37:21 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: no PC-CARD slot

In message: <200202121705.g1CH5LV17193@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
            Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE> writes:
: Now I still have problems with pccardd which says no PC-CARD slot
: or something. I'm using what was in the NEWCARD config file.

pccardd isn't used for NEWCARD.  It saying that there's no slots means
that you have indeed booted a NEWCARD kernel.

: Thus wi0 isnt't there and I'm cut off the network for the moment
: until I boot back into some older configuration.

dmesg | egrep wi0 should show something like:

wi0: <SMC 2632 EZ Connect Wireless PC Card> at port 0x100-0x13f irq 11 function 0 config 1 on pccard0
wi0: 802.11 address: 00:e0:29:91:bf:7c
wi0: using RF:PRISM2 MAC:HFA3841 CARD:HWB3163 rev.A, Firmware: 0.7 variant 6

If not, then you'll need to give us more information.

Warner