Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 1999 13:57:21 -0500
From:      "Cambria, Mike" <mcambria@lucent.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD SCSI and non-SCSI CD-ROM coexistence ??

Hi,

I'm considering a new system for FreeBSD (3.1) which as delivered will have
no SCSI support.  If I decide to go this route, l will add my current SCSI
controller and its peripherals (CD, Tape, disks etc.) to this system when it
arrives.  I've been running concurrent EIDE and SCSI disks for years on my
current systems, but I've never owned an IDE based CDROM.

Since this new system will come with an IDE based CDROM I'd like to know if
FreeBSD 3.1 will behave with one non-SCSI CDROM and (at least) one SCSI
CDROM.

Does anyone have any experience with this configuration?

Thanks,
MikeC

Michael C. Cambria                        Lucent Technologies
Member of Technical Staff                        Bell Labs Innovations
   Voice: (978) 287 - 2807                300 Baker Avenue
     Fax: (978) 287 - 2810                Concord, Massachusetts 01742
Internet:  mcambria@lucent.com <mailto:mcambria@lucent.com>