Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 1995 15:32:43 -0800
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        jbryant@server.iadfw.net, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, phk@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: What happened to my include files!@#

>At this point, the number of errors in 950322-SNAP has exceeded what I
>believe to be acceptable in a snapshot.  Sorry, Poul, but that's
>really how I feel about it.  I think it should be deleted from
>wcarchive and freefall since I'm getting very tired of receiving email
>about what are some pretty serious bits of broken behavior.  It's not
>doing our reputation any good at all! :-(
>
>How do the rest of -hackers feel?

   Despite the problems with it, I need people to be using it if I'm going to
have any chance of fixing the bugs in the kernel. We're not far from another
snapshot (which will include a pile more fixes for the merged cache and the
new install utilities)... I think we should just leave it out there. Perhaps
a few line README file telling people to set the permissions correctly on
whatever files would be sufficient.

-DG