Date:      Fri, 23 Feb 96 17:46 PST
From:      timb49@Northwest.com (Tim Bach)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mounting 1.6 gig dos partition in FreeBSD

I can't seem to be able to get my 1.6 GIG dod partition to work right once mounted.
When i tried to copy a file it doesn't copy the whole thing.
I got some kind of warning when i first mounted it.
Oh yeah it was formated with lba cmos value for 1.6 gig and it had 3 meg's of
bad partition's.
Is dos partition's over 540 meg's just not supported?
My second question is if i can't get the whole 1.6 gig partition how
do i go about blocking out the 3 meg's so i can have like a 540 meg dos
and whatever's left for FreeBSD.

P.S almost forgot to mention that this is under FreeBSD 2.2 as of a few day's ago.With a Western digital 1.6 gig IDE drive.