Date:      Fri, 28 Mar 1997 15:26:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      Troy Settle <rewt@i-Plus.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   yppasswd

I've got NIS running between a couple boxes, both are 2.2-GAMMA (mid
February) one is the server which has no customer access, and the other is
for customer shell accounts.  When I set this up initially, yppasswd was
working fine.  Now, however, I'm getting complaints from customers that
they have been unsuccessful at changing their passwords.  I've been able
to duplicate this, but unable to find an answer.

Here's what I get:

passwd: Failed to change NIS password: RPC: Server can't decode arguments

What's really weird, is that it's only happening with some accounts, and
not others.  Any clues?

Troy Settle <st@i-Plus.net>
Network Administrator, i-Plus Internet Services
http://www.i-Plus.net