Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 96 14:49:25 +0100
From:      garyj@frt.dec.com
To:        Chris Wiener <cwiener@crlabs.com>
Cc:        current%freebsd.org@inet-gw-1.pa.dec.com
Subject:   Re: GDB error accessing memory address - Current

cwiener@crlabs.com writes:
> I'm getting an error when attempting to set breakpoints using GDB under
> 2.2 Current.  The last make world I did was on Dec 31st.  I rebuilt GDB
> yesterday after getting the error shown below, but this did not help.
>
> Is this operator error, or a real problem?
>
> Chris

there was a mail on this recently. I don't remember exactly what
the answer was (look in the mail lists archive), but it seems to
have something to do with the way the u structure is allocated in the
kernel now. David Greenman wamts to make some wide sweeping changes in
the kernel so that the u-dot doesn't even exist any longer. That's prob.
why no-one has bothered fixing gdb/procfs.

---
Gary Jennejohn				(work) gjennejohn@frt.dec.com
					(home) Gary.Jennejohn@munich.netsurf.de
					(play) gj@freebsd.org