Date:      Sun, 06 Feb 2005 13:26:26 +0100
From:      Edward Lichtner <lichtner@9online.fr>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Creating an INDEX file for local tbz packages

Hi all,
I just moved from a Mac to a PC and, quite obviously, chose to install
FreeBSD as a preferred OS, just to stay with the family.

I installed 5.3 stable from a set of CDs that also include a collection of
additional packages. Installation went fine and the OS booted OK. I then
copied the packages from the 6 Cds to a directory I created called /pkg, as
recommended by the leaflet. I used on all CDs :
cp /cdrom/All/* /pkg

I then tried to install a package using : pkg_add /pkg/fr-kde-i18n-3.3.0.tbz
I get a message that some needed packages cannot be found. But these
packages are actually in the /pkg directory. I assume I have to create an
INDEX file inside /pkg to tell pkg_add what is available in the directory.

Any clue how I should do it ?
Thanks all.
Edward