Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 1999 11:31:02 -0800
From:      "Erik Stainsby" <stainsby@lets.net>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ATAPI CD only mounts once

I have the same condition at boot that you describe

: > atapi1.1: unknown phase
: > atapi1.1: unknown phase
: > atapi1.1: unknown phase
: > atapi1.1: unknown phase
: > atapi1.1: unknown phase

However my cd will mount and remount fine with the fully specified
command:

mount_cd9660 -e -s0 /dev/wcd1 /mnt

Without the -s0 it complains about bad sector address <?> invalid
segment <?>

HTH .Enjoy.