Date:      Thu, 28 May 1998 15:16:03 +0200
From:      Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   i4b not working

Hi,

installing isdn4bsd worked without the slightest problem for me,
as did the compiling of the new kernel.

The kernel now finds my ISDN-card:

isic0 at 0xd80 irq 5 maddr 0xd0000 msize 4096 flags 0x2 on isa
isic0: Teles S0/16, Creatix ISDN S0-16 or Niccy 1016
isic0: ISAC 2085 Version V2.3 (B3) (IOM-1) (Addr=0xf00d0100)
isic0: HSCX 82525 or 21525 Version 2.1 (AddrA=0xf00d0180,
    AddrB=0xf00d01c0)
[...]
i4b: ISDN call control device attached
i4bisppp: 4 ISDN SyncPPP device(s) attached
i4bctl: ISDN system control port attached
i4bipr: 4 IP over raw HDLC ISDN device(s) attached
i4btel: 2 ISDN telephony interface device(s) attached
i4brbch: 4 raw B channel access device(s) attached
i4btrc: 4 ISDN trace device(s) attached

After playing around a little i found out what /etc/rc.isdn,
/etc/isdn/isdnd.rc etc. were good for - but i still am not able
to dial out or receive incoming calls. Not even isdntest works:

root@foobar:~ # /usr/src/i4b/isdntest/isdntest -c 0 -i 12345
    -o 98765
isdntest: accepting calls from telephone number [12345]
isdntest:          calling out telephone number [98765]
isdntest: got cdid 46 from kernel
isdntest: calling out to telephone number [98765]
isdntest: incoming disconnect indication, cdid 46, cause 0

(using real phonenumbers of course - which i tried with and
without the city code, neither worked)

perhaps the following error messages will help:

/kernel: i4b-L2-i4b_mdl_error_ind: unit = 0, location = F_AE11
/kernel: i4b-L2-i4b_mdl_error_ind: error = MDL_ERR_G: unsuccessful
    transmission N200times - SABME

(which btw is exactly the same errormsg i get when configuring
isppp0 using ifconfig while isdnd is running)

I dont know wether isdntrace-logs will provide any more
debugging-help, and I dont really know how to cut out the really
relevant information either, but I of course could provide a
complete isdntrace-log of this time-frame.

I still have another ISDN-card, the Teledat 100, but i dont know
what cards it is compatible to, if any, so i dont know if i could
try using that card instead of the Creatix card.

Oh, btw, i have a running modem-connection using pppd when
testing isdn4bsd - but i dont think that might make any problems,
or did i perhaps discover some bug ? :)

--
bye, logix

<Shabby> Sleep is an abstinence syndrome wich accurs due to lack of coffein.
Wed Mar  4 04:53:33 CET 1998   #unix, ircnet