Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 2019 02:35:08 +0200
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely7.cicely.de>
To:        Peter Jeremy <peter@rulingia.com>
Cc:        ticso@cicely.de, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org, Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely7.cicely.de>
Subject:   Re: no dev.cpu on RPI-B

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 09:59:29AM +1000, Peter Jeremy wrote:
> On 2019-Apr-10 00:39:18 +0200, Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely7.cicely.de> wrote:
> >I was hoping for dev.cpu.0.temperature as it exists on the Pi3.
> >Is something missing in my setup (using 12-RELEASE kernel from image),
> >or is there no support for that?
>
> I ran into this when I switched from the FreeBSD FDT to the default Linux FDT.
> The latter is missing the CPU description.  The fix is to create your own
> FDT overlay and get the loader to load it.  There's a similar problem with the
> SPI controller.

Thank you very much.
That makes sense, didn't thought about FDT because it works on a Pi3
with the same 12.0-RELEASE.
I'm already using overlays on those systems for SPI, my own APA102 LED driver
and DS18B20 sensors.
It is for an LED matrix running 24 RPI1 with 800 LEDs each.
The systems are nfsroot, but I think the dtso are loaded from the micro-SD
cards :-(
Well - I guess I setup a bootscript on the NFS server to update the data on
the cards.

--
B.Walter <bernd@bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de