Date:      Thu, 29 Jan 1998 13:17:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Nelson <rjn103s@mgr3.k12.mo.us>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Block site lists?

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Nelson wrote:
> Where would one get a listing of bad sites to block and/or get an updated
> list for a combination of BSD and Squid for free?

See
	http://maps.vix.com/rbl/

This can be implemented within check_mail, details at the URL.

> I also would like to block chats and web based email/freemail

Use procmail and write rules to match the irritating like

:0
* !^Mime-Version
* B ?? ^^<HTML>
/dev/null

That one dumps email that is not MIME and starts with <html>

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com