Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 1998 14:18:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Gregory A. Carter" <omni@dynmc.net>
To:        "Donald J. Maddox" <dmaddox@scsn.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Creative AWE32/64 PnP support.

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Donald J. Maddox wrote:

:> controller      pnp0
:>
:> controller      snd0
:> device sb0      at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 conflicts drq 1 vector sbintr
:> device sbxvi0   at isa? drq 5
:> device sbmidi0  at isa? port 0x330
:> device awe0     at isa? port 0x620
:> device opl0     at isa? port 0x388
:pnp 1 0 os enable port0 0x220 irq0 5 drq0 1 drq1 5 port1 0x330 port2 0x388
:pnp 1 1 os enable port0 0x201
:pnp 1 2 os enable port0 0x620 port1 0xa20 port2 0xe20
:
:in the configuration editor.  All this assumes that you have pnp0 in your
:kernel config, of course...

Last dumb quesiton of the year for me.  In the kernel do I need the devive
sb0, sbxvi0, etc ,etc statements of should I just have device awe0 and
that should take care of them all.  And if I do need sb0 etc, then with
the pnp card should I bother to put in the ports or try and let it detect
it automagically?

Greg

| Dynamic Networking Solutions                     InterX Technologies |
| Senior Network Administrator                          keyID 7DF9C285 |
| omni@interx.net omni@itstudio.net omni@undernet.org omni@webpop3.com |