Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 2002 22:59:09 +0800
From:      plasma <plasmaball@pchome.com.tw>
To:        oliver@cosmo-project.de
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hibernation on a ThinkPad T20

hi Oliver,

I don't exactly know why you can hibernate under DOS, maybe ThinkPad
just know where to sleep <g>.

I didn't create a hibernation file.  As my post said, I created a
hibernation *partition*.  ThinkPad's bios will take care of the rest.

My fbsd is 4-release.  I think hibernation to a partition is
independent to any OS (just a guess, don't take it too serious :).

There's one thing I'll add.  For step 3, I don't make it clear.  You
have to make sure there's a large enough space on the HD for a
hibernation partition.  Just leave it there, don't create any one
before you boot from the floppy from step 2.  The hibernation utility
will create one for you.

plasma