Date:      Sun, 7 Sep 2014 12:59:44 -0700
From:      Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@freebsd.org>
To:        Anthony Williams <anthony@ury.york.ac.uk>
Cc:        "jenkins-admin@freebsd.org" <jenkins-admin@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-java@freebsd.org" <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Jenkins and PAM problem with JNA 4.1

On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 3:01 AM, Anthony Williams <anthony@ury.york.ac.uk>
wrote:

> Hi Craig,
>
> Looks like you didn't include a link for your jenkins.war file, so I built
> my own using your branch of jenkins at https://github.com/rodrigc/
> jenkins/tree/JENKINS-24521-2 (built on Ubuntu 12.04 with Oracle/Sun Java
> 7). For my own .war, UNIX local account logins are working normally using
> FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE, with nothing of note in the log file, so I'm not sure
> why we're getting differing results. I did remove my ~.m2 directory
> entirely to be sure that no local packages were being used.
>
> Thanks,
> Anthony

Oh sorry, my war file is at:
https://people.freebsd.org/~rodrigc/jenkins/JENKINS-24251/

Can you try:
"pkg install devel/maven3"

and then build my branch under FreeBSD and see if you
can duplicate the problem?

One a related note, I tried to test just the PAM module in Jenkins.

I did the following:

(1)  git clone https://github.com/kohsuke/libpam4j
(2)  cd libpam4j
(3)  edit pom.xml, change net.java.dev.jna to 4.1.0
(4)  mvn install
(5)  mvn -Dtest=InteractiveTester -Duser.name=rodrigc
-Dpassword=myunixpassword test

At this point, I get:

 T E S T S
Running org.jvnet.libpam.InteractiveTester
[rodrigc, wheel, operator]
Tests run: 5, Failures: 0, Errors: 3, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.326 sec
<<< FAILURE!

Results :

Tests in error:
  testOne(org.jvnet.libpam.InteractiveTester): pam_authenticate failed :
authentication error
  testPositiveCase(org.jvnet.libpam.InteractiveTester): pam_authenticate
failed : authentication error
  testConcurrent(org.jvnet.libpam.InteractiveTester):
org.jvnet.libpam.PAMException: pam_authenticate failed : authentication
error

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.
--