Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 2000 13:52:52 -0800
From:      "Kahn" <kahn@deadbbs.com>
To:        "'Danny'" <dannyh@idx.com.au>, "'Walter Brameld'" <brameld@twave.net>, "'Dan O'Connor'" <dan@jgl.reno.nv.us>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   [OT] Email list for apache...

> Hello,

Hi.

> - Actually I find this list to be much more useful than
> joining a Apache
> newsgroup or mailing list because of the "pool" of knowledge
> in this mailing list.

Me too, but I dislike it when people ask very off topic questions in here.

Here is my biggest question about apache;

With 1.3.4 (6???) directory browsing was not allowed. I have upgraded to
1.3.12 and now if you hit a directory that does not have the proper
index.whatever for default.whatever files it lists the directory.

How do I make it say "Directory browsing not allowed"?

I am not new to FreeBSD ro Apache, and I know that there is a stupidly
simple answer to this. I RTFM and just could not find.

> - If you haven't subscribed to the freebsd mailing list. It
> is a must for every FreeBSD user.

But it is still a FreeBSD mailing list.  :-)

Thanks

Erin

mailto:kahn@deadbbs.com
http://www.deadbbs.com
http://www.fortenberry.net

"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers
could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)