Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 1999 09:01:15 -0600
From:      Charles Randall <crandall@matchlogic.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: NFS performance between Linux & FreeBSD

First eliminate network problems as a possibility by using netperf in both
directions to get a baseline.

Doesn't Linux mount ext2 filesystems using async writes by default? Isn't
that dangerous in general, and worse with NFS?

Check the mount options for the host file system on the Linux NFS server.

Charles