Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2001 16:01:51 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Ernie Elu <ernie@spooky.eis.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to get FreeBSD on to DiskonChip

In message <200103162253.f2GMrLc10379@spooky.eis.net.au> Ernie Elu writes:
: How do I get a small distribution of FreeBSD onto the DiskOnChip?
:
: The fla README says you can do it with sysinstall but every time I try that
: it installed the distribution on to my IDE drive desipte the fact I selected
: the fla drive in the fdisk and disklabel sections
:
: What am I doing wrong?
:
: Does anyone have a script to create the /dev tree and move across the kernel and
: basic files so I can boot from the fla device?

I use mkflash :-).

However, I have a client that created a small FreeBSD image from a
full image, put that in a tarball.  He takes a new DOC, puts it into
the system, boots off of floppy/cdrom, uses sysinstall to fdisk and
disklabel the disk (I use diskprep), then ftp's the file to the part
(using get foo.tar.gz | tar xvfz -).

Warner