Date:      Fri, 2 Oct 2009 20:34:56 -0400
From:      Fuzzy Zabriskie <qwillpen@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   7.2 Sysinstall choices -- existing multi-boot (based on Win7 RC's boot mgr) system

Currently=2C I have Win/XP in slice 1=2C no slice 2=2C Win 7 RC in slice 3 =
and Acronis' hidden part in  slice 4.
I have unallocated space after slice 1 (about 45gb) I wanted to use for Fre=
eBSD.=20
=20
I told sysinstall to create a slice (in the unallocated space)=2C then crea=
te FreeBSD partitions in it
for /=2C paging=2C /usr=2C /var=2C /tmp & /home. I'm not sure what I'm supp=
osed to tell it about boot managers
though? Right now the MBR points to Acronis' recovery slice=2C which boots =
to Win 7's boot manager=2C it=20
defaults to Win/XP. When I said do nothing sysinstall marked the new slice =
bootable=2C and FreeBSD does=20
boot to a text menu with Beastie on it. But=2C that doesn't give access to =
the OS's in slice 1 and 3?
=20
if I tell it to use the default boot manager=2C (booteasy?)=2C will it offe=
r at least access to what's=20
currently in the master boot record & slice 2 (FreeBSD)? Or do I need a way=
 to tell Win7's boot=20
manager about FreeBSD in slice 2?
=20
=20