Date:      Tue, 02 Sep 1997 12:43:22 -0700
From:      Fred Gilham <gilham@csl.sri.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems with snapshot source distribution

I'm having a problem with the snapshot sources on
releng-22.freebsd.org.  I've been getting the 3.0 snapshots off there.
This is from 3.0-970902-SNAP but I've also had it happen for
3.0-970826-SNAP.

What happens is this:

# sh ./install.sh all
Extracting source component: base
Extracting source component: bin
Extracting source component: contrib

gzip: stdin: decompression OK, trailing garbage ignored
tar: child returned status 2
Extracting source component: etc
<etc>

The resulting /usr/src directory only has a contrib-crypto directory
in it, and no contrib directory.

Apparently the scontrib.aa file is getting clobbered by a file that
should have been called scontrib-crypto.aa or something like that.

-Fred Gilham   gilham@csl.sri.com