Date:      Sat, 30 Jul 2011 23:10:13 GMT
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@acm.org>
To:        freebsd-usb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: usb/159274: USB 3.0 Etron EJ168A does not work.

The following reply was made to PR usb/159274; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@acm.org>
To: Jason Seidel <jseidel@unixsystem.org>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 09:06:31 +1000

 --opJtzjQTFsWo+cga

 On 2011-Jul-28 21:25:45 +0000, Jason Seidel <jseidel@unixsystem.org> wrote:
 >I have an ASrock E350M1/USB3 motherboard running freebsd 8.2.
 >If I enable xhci in the kernel, not only does it not detect the usb 3.0 co=
 ntroler, it causes the machine to go into a constant booting loop.

 >I have tried just adding "device xhci" to the kernel and also building the=
  kernel by removing ehci, it still causing the machine to go into a booting=
  loop.

 Unfortunately, this isn't enough information to allow the problem to be
 investigated.
 - What is the PCI id of your USB3 controller?  This is available from pcico=
 nf.
 - At what point does the system reboot & what is displayed immediately
   before the reboot.
 - What happens if you boot GENERIC and kldload xhci?
 - Can you gheck if the problem still exists with 9-CURRENT

 --=20
 Peter Jeremy

 --opJtzjQTFsWo+cga

 --opJtzjQTFsWo+cga--