Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 2002 13:53:59 -0400
From:      Christopher Weimann <cweimann@k12hq.com>
To:        Walter Hop <walter@binity.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [ot] good Xserver for Windows 2000?

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 05:11:04PM +0200, Walter Hop wrote:

> I'm looking for a good X server (possibly commercial) to display X
> applications from my FreeBSD box on a Windows 2000 terminal. I've used
> MI/X from MicroImages in the past which was stable, but not very
> practical and feature-rich (non-integrated separated "virtual desktop",
> no option to stay resident "low-profile" in the systray when unused).

I didn't really like MI/X either.  I don't really want
a the entire X desktop so I don't really tools like VNC
MI/X or Cygwin/XFree on Windows.  I just want the Xapp
to appear in its own window on my 2k box.

Check out http://www.labf.com/winaxeplus/index.html

Winaxe supports several window modes.
Multiple, Single, Full Screen and Multiple+RemoteWM.
Its $100 bucks and does everything I need.

I'm sure Hummingbird does everything Winaxe does
and more but I am also sure it cost a good deal more.