Date:      Wed, 11 Sep 2002 08:28:17 -0700
From:      Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade@dsl-only.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        tuc@ttsg.com
Subject:   Re: RT Ticket Tracking Port?

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 11:02:11 -0400 (EDT)
Tuc <tuc@ttsg.com> wrote:

> > This might also be a little overkill, but take a look at Keystone.
> > http://whitepj.keystone.net (the site seems to be down at the
> > moment). Keystone is a PHP/Web based trouble ticketing system.  It
> > will start tickets based on emails it receives, and based on the
> > subject line of the email it can be configured to do perform various
> > tasks.
> >
> 	Stay away from Keystone. It was someones project, then bought
> by a company and has been S-T-A-L-E ever since. Some of the
> functionality STILL didn't work, we had to hack the email->ticket
> programming. We went from Keystone to RT a few months ago and haven't
> looked back.

Good call.  I threw it in as an idea simply because I knew it was a free
web-based solution and, from what I saw, it worked fine.  However!, I
couldn't stand the interface, as it was extremely cluttered.  Also, this
client wanted me to customize the application and I quickly found out
how bloated the thing was.  Maybe it's just my lack of skills in PHP,
but I found it very difficult to make changes to the system - where one
small change on one page would have a cascading effect and break all
sorts of things.

Nathan