Date:      Thu, 02 May 2002 17:59:16 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Cc:        "Andrew R. Reiter" <arr@FreeBSD.ORG>, John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: savcore dump names?

Peter Wemm wrote:
> "Andrew R. Reiter" wrote:
> > On Thu, 2 May 2002, Terry Lambert wrote:
> > :I was doing this:  8^p.
> >
> > Damn, then why post at all?  That's crap.
>
> Agreed. We have better things to do than sort through intentionally bogus
> email.

So, just to recap and document for posterity:

o	Directly complaining about Poul, and doing nothing to
	change the code, other than trying to browbeat Poul
	into it:

	o	Good
	o	Inside the list charter

o	Indirectly complaining about people complaining about Poul
	by documenting how to trivially undo what Poul did, and thus
	implicitly suggesting backing out "undesirable changes"
	instead of simply bitching about them:

	o	Bogus
	o	Outside the list charter

Correct?

I frequently disagree with Poul's methods and design decisions, but
that's no reason for personal attacks, or I'd be posting them myself.

---

So...

Can I ask AGAIN that the people who have a problem with the MD5
changes PLEASE describe acceptable-to-them savecore(8) behaviour,
other than just saying "put it back"?  Saying "the way it was" is
not a design specification.

-- Terry