Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 1997 16:31:18 -0700
From:      Local list <maillist@xinetron.com>
To:        Everett F Batey II <efb@suned1.Nswses.Navy.MIL>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help .. US-ISDN in English

Everett F Batey SysAdm wrote:

> Mein Deutsch sux .. I really need a lead to how to mount
> any cuaa0
> capable ISDN modem an run to my ISP for my pin up .. would
> be nice to
> use Motorola BitSurfer ..
>
> Does this all act like a simple Hayes_analog_modem chat to
> connect or
> is it completely different ports or//and drivers ..

I used Motorola BitSurfer before.  It's a nice product.
There were two steps:

1. Connected the modem to ISDN line and Window computer.
Configured all the ISDN parameters through the configuration
software came with the modem.  Tested the Internet
connection using Windows Dial-up Networking
2. Moved the modem to the FreeBSD computer, treated it as a
standard modem.  Followed the handbook and Tutorials to
setup user ppp (iijppp). It worked!

You may need to pay attention to the modem initializing
string.  I used "&F1&C1&D2" for 56K connection and
"&F1&C1&D2%A4=0" for 64K connection in US.  I don't know
what to use in Europe.

Regards,

--Jason Liao <jasonl@xinetron.com>